MTB Egypt’s beginner mountain biking course
Two-week intensive mountain biking training programme for beginners
- Bike handling basics: Basic body position, weight distribution and the attack position.
- Riding singletrack and technical features
- Basic trail navigation skills
What will I learn in this course?
The course is designed to introduce participants to the fundamentals of mountain biking/off-road bicycle riding in a fun and safe learning environment. You’ll learn about:
- Fundamentals of off-road riding skills (balancing on uneven terrain, weight shifts, climbing, descending, cornering, applying power to the pedals efficiently, etc)
- History, types and styles of mountain biking/off-road cycling.
- How to choose a suitable bike
- How to put together an essential gear kit
- The essentials of outdoor safety and awareness
- The fundamentals of mountain biking skills
- How to build a baseline fitness level you need to build to enjoy mountain biking
- What is “trail etiquette” and considerations for using your bike on public multi-use trails
- How to navigate trail networks
- How to do essential trail repairs on your bike
- How to lead a group ride
- …and much more!
All in all, this will be more than 6 hours of training (two rides, two workshops and one 1-on-1 session) on how to start mountain biking in a way that is safe, enjoyable and will accelerate your learning curve. It will also enable you to meet other like-minded people and start to get to know the growing Egyptian mountain biking community.
A safe and fun learning environment for beginner mountain bikers
about the course facilitators
Frequently asked questions
what is the participation fee?
The course participation fee is EGP 1000/person. To reserve a spot in the course we ask for payment via bank deposit (preferred) or credit card to secure your place in the course. We will keep the number of participants as small as possible in order to be able to have an effective (and fun!) learning environment. Accordingly, final confirmation of participation will be sent immediately after payment of the course fee.
What if I don't have a suitable bike?
It is expected that for the two practical components of the course, you have your own mountain bike and helmet. Any basic mountain bike will do.
MTB Egypt has a very limited number of rental bikes. Inquire about availability before registering for the course.
When is the next course
The March/April 2022 course is scheduled as follows (subject to change):
I'd like a spot in the next course's dates. What do I need to do?
Please fill out the below registration form: