intermediate skills course
What is the intermediate skills course?
This course is designed for riders who are already competent in fundamental riding skills and are ready to take their mountain biking to the next level.
The course focuses on skills that enable riders to ride more challenging trails, ride more efficiently by optimizing gear shifts and braking and learn new handling skills, including:
- Drop-offs and step-downs
- Technical climbing
- Advanced braking techniques
- Slow speed balance (trackstands) for trail riding
- Line choice and “committing” to your line
- Using weight shifts to gain speed when coasting (“pumping the trail”)
- Group ride leadership prep
- Riding switchbacks
- Clearing obstacles with confidence (pedal ratcheting, front wheel positioning, etc)
- …and much more!
A prerequisite for the Intermediate Skills course is completing our Intensive Beginners Course.
how is the course structured?
- One online session
- Two on-trail applied skills guided rides
When is the next course?
- Tuesday, September 15th 2020: Online workshop
- Saturday, September 19th 2020 (Skills ride # 1)
- Saturday, September 26th 2020 (Skills ride #2)
what is the course participation cost?
- EGP 1200/person. Discounts can offered for large group registrations.